Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010





As usual, I am wide awake this evening; and I have been browsing the blogs that I follow and finding all kinds of books I want to read.  I stumbled upon Crystal's My Reading Room, which has a post dedicated to a Fall Challenge.  Me, being a list person, I happen to LOVE challenges.  If I don't want to do something, I only add it to a list, make it a goal, and give myself a prize - and I'm all over it.  Besides loving challenges, I decided to take part into the Fall Into Reading challenge, which is hosted by Callapidder Days, because I also think it is a great idea.  Being newly out of college, fall is a time I associate with school, learning, and reading.  Since I am no longer in school, I love the idea of challenging myself to stay into reading and continuing to learn.  Plus, it keeps me from being a couch potato and constantly watching the TV.  Working on a challenge with other readers and sharing the books we read an thoughts about those books is just an added plus!  So here's my goal: 50 books between now (October 1, 2010) and December 22, 2010.  I'm going to also give myself the challenge to make some of those books be the books I "need" to read from other lists I've started.  (See my post New Thoughts for more info on my list-making obsession and other book goals I've set.)  Since I've already read a few from those lists, I will exclude those on this challenge and add several other books from my forever-growing TBR pile.  Alright, I'll stop rambling and list my books, in no particular order (I've linked the books to goodreads description pages):

1. Gone with the Wind - Margaret Mitchel
2. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
3. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
4. The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
5. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
6. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
7. The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger
8. The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco
9. Portrait of a Lady - Henry James
11. The Reader - Bernhard Schlink
12. The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky
13. Lolita  - Vladimir Nabokov
14. Lord of the Flies - William Golding
15. A Separate Peace - John Knowles
16. The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan
17. The Dirty Secrets Club - Meg Gardiner
20. Bourne Supremacy - Robert Ludlum
21. Eragon - Christopher Paolini
22. The Emperor's Children - Claire Messud
23. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
24. The Phantom of the Opera - Gaston Leroux
25. House Rules - Jodi Piccoult
26. The Second Coming - David Burton
27. The Apothecary's Daughter - Julie Klassen
28. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
29. The Shadow of Your Smile - Mary Higgins Clark
30. The Shack - William Young
31. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baroness Emmuska Orczy
32. A Beautiful Blue Death - Charles Finch
33. The September Society - Charles Finch
34. The Red Rose Bride - Claire Delacroix 
35. Sooner or Later - Debbie Macromber 
36. Twenty Wishes - Debbie Macromber
37. A Whole New Light - Sandra Brown
38. Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
39. The Inn at Eagle Point - Sherryl Woods
40. Harbor Lights - Sherryl Woods
41. Masquerade - Melissa De La Cruz
42. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs
43. One Reckless Summer - Toni Blake
44. Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz
45. She's Gone Country - Jane Porter
46. Evermore - Alyson Noel
47. Blindness - Jose Saramago
48. Home for the Holidays  - Johanna Lindsey
49. The Snow Bride - Debbie Macomber
50. The Sparkling One - Susan Mallery


Bonus:
51. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
52. Wives and Daughters - Elizabeth Gaskell

Goodness!  Seems like a lot more once I write down all of the books I want to read.  I'm sure this list will change, as I find other books I want to read first.  But it's a starting list.  Well - better get started!  I'll be back when I get my nose out of a book....
I even tired Bennett out tonight....

1 comment:

  1. I have nominated you for an award!
    http://acozyreaderscorner.blogspot.com/2010/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete