Friday, December 24, 2010

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011


Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

As it is that time of year, I have been working on my different challenges that I will be participating in.  I've included the links to those hosting it as well as the various details.  Though I would love to participate in a million and one challenges, as I love them, I have decided to take it easy this first year of challenges, to see how the year goes as well as not get too overwhelmed keeping up with blogs, reading, challenges, as well as that pesky little thing like real life.  Well, here's the first of just a few.  Wish  me luck!

I saw this challenge quite a bit ago, and I believe it's perfect for me.  I am always attempting to do better, and I thought it would be a good thing for me to continuing on my love of reading.  I have chosen to do the "I'm on fire!" level.  Maybe a bit ambitious, but seeing as how technically I only read half the year this year, I think I can do it!  I counted up on Goodreads my books for this year, and I got 46.  My actual goal is 100 books.  Hopefully, I'll make it!    Anyone else being competitive against themselves this year?

Details:
  • Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
  • The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
  • Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
  • You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
  • Post this reading challenge on your blog so you can keep a list of the books you’ve read for this challenge. Please include a link back to this post so readers can join the challenge too.
Levels:
  • Getting my heart rate up: read 1-5 more books
  • Out of breath: read 6-10 more books
  • Break a sweat: read 11-15 more books
  • I'm on fire! : read 16+ more books

No comments:

Post a Comment