Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Hour 1

So far, I've been quite distracted by my puppy dog and his desire to be played with every second of every day.  And since I can't focus just yet, I decided to complete the meme posted at Dewey's Read-a-thon page. 

Where are you reading from today?
 I am reading from my apartment today - though I might venture to Starbucks in a bit.  Mostly I read on the couch, in my bed, or at my kitchen table (while I'm eating and such).

3 facts about me …
I have a mini dachshund 7 month old puppy named Bennett.
I named my puppy after my favorite character (Elizabeth Bennett) in my favorite book (Pride and Prejudice).
I am the youngest of four kids - with my oldest two siblings being adopted from Korea.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?
I have four books in my TBR pile, but I really have no idea how much I will read.  So it is more of a which book I'll pick first, and we'll see how far I go.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?
Mostly, I just want to have fun.  A lot of times if I make lots of goals and such, then I just stress out about it and don't really enjoy it.  So, I'm just going to read and have fun!

If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?
I've only participated in one read-a-thon before this one, so I still consider myself a newbie.  The first read-a-thon I completed was in the middle of my work week, so I just read a little more than usual.  Today, I've set aside the day for reading - so we'll see how it goes.

Progress: 
Currently reading: Flowers on Main - Sherryl Woods
Pages: 8% finished (I'm reading it on my kindle)
Amount of time reading: approximately 25 minutes
Total amount of time: approximately 25 minutes


And just for kicks and giggles: my snuggle partner

3 comments:

  1. (Non)traditional Buddhist readathon blessing:

    Just as the books fill the shelves,
    Pile together on the floor and stack up on the table
    So may the joy of the readathon
    Flow forth to brighten your day and lift your spirit.
    Books already read, books in progress and books yet to be read.

    By the power of every word on the page
    May your book be delightful,
    As scary as Lovecraft’s Cthulhu
    Or as sweet as a box of See’s candy.

    Let the power of the images evoked by words
    Keep you stay awake long through the night
    May no obstacle impede
    Your day filled with books.

    For all of those who are reading today
    Who follow in the path of Dewey
    May your day be filled with the four blessings
    Of fabulous books, tasty snacks, comfy chairs and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he does not distract you too much from the reading. Enjoy the reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your comments and reviews of the books you read today. I'm sure I'll have lots of new titles to add to my must-read list! Happy reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete