Friday, December 24, 2010

Support Your Local Library Challenge



I have been looking for this challenge the last couple weeks, and I'm so excited to have found it this morning as I have been working on my challenges.   Book Junkie's Bookshelf is hosting it this year.  I just stumbled upon my library a couple of weeks ago, and I am so excited to have found that it is wonderful!  I love libraries, and I love that this challenge is all about loving on libraries mostly by actually using them.  Being broke and limited on space, I think it's perfect!  I'm going to do the "Jumbo Size" which is reading 50 books from the library.  As my entire goal of reading is 100 books, I figured it would be good to have at least half of those from the library.  Anyone else joining in this challenge?  It's wonderful being a library goer, and this could be the year you decide to save some money and check out the library.  Official details and links to the sign up are below.

Details:
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Just create a post for the challenge and link to your challenge post in the linky below.
--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

2. There are four levels to this challenge...Pick your poison:
--The Mini – Check out and read 30 library books.
--"Fun" Size – Check out and read 40 library books.
--Jumbo Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
--Mega Size – Check out and read 51+ library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 30 by the end of 2011, you are a winner.)

3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – basically any book counts just as long as it is checked out from the library. Books MUST be checked out like with a library card, books purchased at a library DO NOT count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.

6. Challenge begins January 1st 2011 and goes thru December 31 2011.  Sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment