Thursday, October 21, 2010

Enquiring Minds Want to Know (3)

Each week Lori over at Dollycas's Thoughts hosts the meme Enquiring Minds Want to Know in order for bloggers and readers to get to know each other.  This week, she's doing more of a inventory of thoughts on the meme.  Here's the questions:

1. Do you ever feel like no one is reading your blog?
Sheepishly, I have to admit that I do.  I'm a new regular (or attempting to be regular) book blogger, and my confidence is not very secure.  I still have a hard time believing that I have something worth saying.  But it is something that I enjoy and a good way for me to keep up with the books I read as well as write my thoughts on different books.  And, I have to admit, I get really excited about each new follower and (sadly) watch my stats like a hawk.  But, what can I say?  I am a perfectionist and want to know I'm doing well (or not doing well).

2. Would this meme work better for you it if was offered on a different day?
Because I'm still relatively new to the blogging world, I still don't have a set schedule of memes and such.  I have picked several that I like, and I am attempting to keep up with those week-to-week.  Time and my work schedule gets in the way sometimes, but I'm working on being consistent.  So this day works great for me, but I would probably follow it just the same if it were on a different day.

3. Do you think there are already too many similar memes out in the blogosphere and I should stop this one?
I have noticed several other similar memes, but I liked this one, so I kept to it.  I only follow some blogs regularly, but I have noticed that not all of them have such a meme.  And maybe it's possible like with Blog Hop Friday (which I have seen many blogs participate in many different blog hops) for some people to participate in several.  I'm sure there is room to grow, new blogs to find this meme - so with interesting questions, I still think it could work.

4. If I were to continue with Enquring Minds, do you have any advice or changes you would like to see?
 I honestly can't think of anything.  Maybe going to two questions would make it easier for busy bloggers to participate, but I've never had any problems answering three questions....  I've enjoyed participating in this meme, even though I haven't been regular.  And if you decide that hosting it is more time and effort than you believe it's worth, I will understand.  But I would probably attempt to find another similar meme - because I like the idea and enjoy hearing other's thoughts on different topics.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for you thoughts and I am your newest follower. It looks like we have a lot in common. I am sort of a perfectionist too, but my kids jeep telling me to "chill" lol

    Hope to see you next Thursday.

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hannah - I'm just stopping by to say hello and welcome you to the book blogging community. Your puppy is adorable. Enjoy your blogging.

    ReplyDelete