Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Hour 19 Update

And... While I would love to say that I've been lost in a book all this time, I haven't.  However, I have dived into two different books, to go against the fact that I normally only read one book at a time.  I figured I was allowed since it's a 24 hour read-a-thon.  :)  Flowers on Main was great.  I really am enjoying Sherryl Woods, which is a new author to me.  I am loving the O'Brien family that she has created in the series, and there have been so many moments that I have laughed out loud that Bennett got up and moved because I was waking him up too often.  (Serves him right, as he woke me up at 2 am.)  I took a break from Sherryl Woods for a while, and I started She's Gone Country by Jane Porter.  Also a good novel, though it is a cute story that also deals with heavy topics like mental illness, depression in teens, and suicide.  But I'll write an official review on it later.

The other time I have been spending sleeping.  That's right, I'm a sucker.  But I'm ok with it - as apparently my body needed some sleep.  I laid down for a nap at 4:30 and slept until now (2 am).   But, as I work night shift, I'm used to sleeping weird hours and being up at the middle of the night.  Bennett decided that I had ignored him long enough and started barking at me to play.  He's now attacking the box my new laundry basket came in.  So while he's preoccupied I'm going to get back to reading!  I will either continue She's Gone Country or start Harbor Lights.  Apparently I can't make up my mind tonight.

Progress:
 Currently reading: She's Gone Country and Harbor Lights
Pages finished: 400 pages plus 48% of She's Gone Country (kindle)
Books finished: 1
Updated reading time: 2 hours
Total reading time: 6 hours 25 minutes

P.S. Thanks to everyone for stopping by and thanks especially to those cheerleaders.  All of you have made me smile tonight!

1 comment:

  1. A little nap was just what you needed to keep going!

    I took a break earlier, too, and now I'm going strong.

    I'm a new follower, too.

    ReplyDelete