Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Hour 6 Update

So, I've missed a couple of hours, but I'm happy to say that I was reading.  :)  I wanted to take a nap a bit ago, but I got excited about finishing my book.  Yupe, I finished Flowers on Main.  I feel so accomplished.  :)  I'm still not sure which book I'll start next, but I'll update you guys soon.

Hour 5 Mini Challenge: Show Me Your Books

Crystal over at My Reading Room is hosting the Hour 5 Mini Challenge.  She simply asked that we show pictures of our books.  My pictures aren't that interesting, but I'll post anyway.  I'm excited to see everyone else's as well, because I'm looking for book decorating ideas i.e. some fun bookshelves. 

My one and only bookshelf.  I've cleaned it out some recently with Goodreads Swap.  But I couldn't resist the urge to organize it with a classics shelf, fiction shelf, and nonfiction shelf.  Then organize the books alphabetically by author.  Is anyone else weird like this?  Or is it just me?

My kitchen table.  Notice my cute Halloween decoration.  :)

Books on the back of my couch.  Either I just read them or will be reading them soon.  On the bottom, slyly is my kindle - which is my new solution to living in an apartment with limited space

"Hey Mom, whatcha doing?"
I know I know, Bennett doesn't have anything to do with my books.  But he's just soooo cute, I couldn't resist.  On a different note, I've been wanting to put up another bookshelf or something in the living room, but I can't hang floating shelves like I want to.  Any ideas?  Otherwise, my kitchen table is doing just fine. 

Progress:
Currently reading: I can't decide - either Deja Dead or She's Gone Country
Pages finished: 400
Books finished: 1
Updated time reading: 3 hours
Total time reading: 4 hours 25 minutes 

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bookcase! I can see why you can't resist taking a picture....what a cutie. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos of your reading areas and companion! Good luck for the rest of the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1, 2, 3, 4
    Hope your book isn’t a bore
    5, 6, 7, 8
    And your readathon is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome! Books, books everywhere!
    So funny that your dog's name is Bennett...tis my maiden name! :D

    Happy Reading!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bennett is so cute that it is a wonder you are getting any reading done! Keep at it, we are almost there!

    And no, you are not the only one that organizes books like that. I do it by genre, then by author...even nuttier than you are:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A thought to mull over: “The best of a book is not the thought which it contains, but the thought which it suggests; just as the charm of music dwells not in the tones but in the echoes of our hearts.” -- John Greenleaf Whittier

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Woke up this morning with/a terrific urge to lie in bed all day and read."-Raymond Carver.
    Sunny reading vibes from Miami...Dewey's Read-A-Thon Cheerleader. Keep up the good work! Thank you for sharing those cute pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested.
    - Francis Bacon

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete