Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall Into Reading: Questions (5)

 


Callapidder Days is currently hosting the Fall Into Reading Challenge.  It is a self-set challenge in that each participant sets a goal for his/herself of the number of books to read during the fall season (Sept. 22-Dec. 20).  Then the participants post about the novels and progress as much or little as they want with a wrap-up post at the end.  I have set a goal to read 50 books this fall.  You can read the full list here.  Callapidder Days also hosts a weekly question about Fall Into Reading, as another way for us to connect and such.

This week's question: How did you get into reading? When and how/why did you really become “a reader”?

I first got into reading as a child.  My mom read to me and my siblings from an early age, and I can still remember begging her to read just one more chapter before bedtime.  I think she started my love of reading then.  I was a bookworm while in elementary and middle school.  But in high school and college, my studies sort of took over.  I started back to reading just recently after I finished college.  So I guess I've been a reader almost all of my life.  I am happy to say that college did not ruin reading for me, and I am so glad to be an avid reader once again.  Having moved to a new place has given me the opportunity to have more time to read.  And I'm loving it.

What about you?  When did you start reading?  And how's Fall Into Reading going for you?  I'm not as far on my list as I wish I was, but I'm still very much enjoying this fall and my reading, so I guess that's all that counts.

Books Read so Far:
1. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baronnes Emmuska Orczy (review)
2. Sooner or Later - Debbie Macomber
3. Evermore - Alysson Noel (review)
4. The Snow Bride - Debbie Macomber (review)
5. The Inn at Eagle Point - Sherryl Woods (review)
6. Harbor Lights - Sherryl Woods
7. She's Gone Country - Jane Porter (review)
8. Twenty Wishes - Debbie Macomber (review)
9. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs (review)
10. The Sparkling One - Susan Mallery (review)
11. Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery (review)
12. Masquerade - Melissa De La Cruz (review)
13. One Reckless Summer - Toni Blake (review)
14. A Whole New Light - Sandra Brown (review)
15. The Rose Red Bride - Claire Delacroix (review)
16. The Apothecary's Daughter - Julie Klassen (review)

Bonus: (i.e. books not on my list, but that I've finished reading in this time period)
1. Flowers on Main - Sherryl Woods
2. On the Steamy Side - Louisa Edwards (review)
3. Blue Moon - Alyson Noel (review)

Progress: 16 down, 34 to go

1 comment: