Callapidder Days is currently hosting the Fall Into Reading Challenge. It is a self-set challenge in that each participant sets a goal for his/herself of the number of books to read during the fall season (Sept. 22-Dec. 20). Then the participants post about the novels and progress as much or little as they want with a wrap-up post at the end. I have set a goal to read 50 books this fall. You can read the full list here. Callapidder Days also hosts a weekly question about Fall Into Reading, as another way for us to connect and such.
This week's question: Do you have multiple books going at once? Or do you prefer to stick to one book at a time?
Like many other readers, how I read my books depends on the type of book. First of all, I always read more than one non-fiction book at a time. I have trouble keeping focused with non-fiction, so I often read it over a long period of time. With fiction, it mostly depends. I used to say that I always read one book at a time, but I've found that not to be completely true now. It depends on the type of fiction, mostly if it is a slow or fast read. Some books are slower reads for me, the writing is generally better, and I can't "speed read" the book and get the story. I have to slow down and take all of the details in. I've found both Odd Thomas and Anne of Green Gables to be that way. However, a lot of the Christmas romances I've been reading, I read quickly. So I find if I am reading a slower book, I often take a little time off, so to speak. I'll read a quick read or two, and then get back to my focused reading. It just depends on the mood I'm in.
Books Read so Far:
1. The Scarlet Pimpernel - Baronnes Emmuska Orczy (review)
2. Sooner or Later - Debbie Macomber
3. Evermore - Alysson Noel (review)
4. The Snow Bride - Debbie Macomber (review)
5. The Inn at Eagle Point - Sherryl Woods (review)
6. Harbor Lights - Sherryl Woods
7. She's Gone Country - Jane Porter (review)
8. Twenty Wishes - Debbie Macomber (review)
9. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs (review)
10. The Sparkling One - Susan Mallery (review)
11. Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery (review)
12. Masquerade - Melissa De La Cruz (review)
13. One Reckless Summer - Toni Blake (review)
14. A Whole New Light - Sandra Brown (review)
15. The Rose Red Bride - Claire Delacroix (review)
16. The Apothecary's Daughter - Julie Klassen (review)
17. The Catcher in the Rye - J. D. Salinger (review)
18. Odd Thomas - Dean Koontz (review)
Bonus: (i.e. books not on my list, but that I've finished reading in this time period)
1. Flowers on Main - Sherryl Woods
2. On the Steamy Side - Louisa Edwards (review)
3. Blue Moon - Alyson Noel (review)
5. Just Listen - Sarah Dressen (review)
6. Christmas Wishes - Debbie Macomber (review
7. Home for the Holidays - Debbie Macomber
Progress: 18 down, 32 to go
What about you? Do you read one book at a time? Or do you have multiple books on your TBR pile? How's everyone's progress going? I think I might have to be realistic about finishing my list, so I might include my "bonus" books in my number count (25 down, 25 to go). Maybe I was a little too ambitious. But oh well - after all, it's all about having fun, anyway.