Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello World

I honestly have not thought about blogging since I was a teenager and it was the super cool thing to do. However, I wanted to participate in a Read-a-Thon, and I needed a url address. So now I officially have a blog. I had not thought about this much before I created it, so I have a feeling my blog will evolve into whatever I want it to be.

A little bit about myself (for the random chance someone who is not apart of my family reads this): I am a newly graduate RN. I am moving shortly to another city with my adorable puppy Bennett. I have spent most of my life in school and working too much, so down time is new to me. I love to read, watch movies and TV shows, cook, bake, and drink tea.

I became a mommy about two months ago when I bought my puppy Bennett. He is a double-dappled dachshund and about the cutest person in the world. Yes, I am one of those people who talks to their dogs as if they were people. He is a great listener and always cocks his head in the most adorable way when I am trying to punish him for some type of puppy-behavior.

I have not been cooking or baking much recently, due to my graduation from nursing school. However, I am very excited about moving into a place of my own and starting my experiments up again. My sister (http://nursesegars.wordpress.com) started her food blog a while ago, so I will not attempt to live up to her standards. However, I may be posting pictures of my successes and failures just for fun.

As far as reading goes, I love to read. I was an avid reader in elementary and high school, though I ran out of time in college. A couple of years ago I met serious literary people, and I realized I should expand my reading horizon to more than just romantic fluff. As a person who loves lists, I searched until I found one I liked (and of course one that was so incredibly hard I will probably be working on it for the rest of my life). I bought the book, and now I am attempting to read the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die. Oh, and I tend to read other books just for fun as well.

One of my favorite movies is Julie and Julia. I love the idea of cooking through Julia Child's cookbook, but I have never been so adventurous. Maybe one day. Who knows what is going to happen one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment